30 Fun and Flirty Date Ideas for Empty Nester Couples
When your nest is empty, every night can be a potential date night. Sometimes, it’s nice to spend a quiet night in and soak in the slower pace just hanging out together. But, it’s important not to get stuck in a rut. You can get too comfortable. Here are some inexpensive date ideas for empty nester couples to keep your relationship fun and flirty.
Fun and Flirty Date Ideas
- Picnic in a park you’ve never visited.
- Shop the local Farmer’s Market for lunch or dinner.
- Have a dessert for dinner night with DIY Ice cream sundaes.
- Shop the travel section at the bookstore and dream up your next adventure.
- Recreate your first date.
- Spend the day at the zoo.
- Fly a kite together on a windy day.
- Find local farms where you can pick fruit together.
- Go for a walk together outside of your neighborhood.
- Get up early, grab some coffee, and watch the sunrise together.
- Go window shopping. Hold hands. You’d be surprised how quickly it starts to feel like a date.
- Scout out the local grocery stores that have samples and make it a fun date trying all the samples. Talk about your favorites.
- Go “catch and release” fishing.
- Take $20 to a thrift store and buy gifts for each other. See who can pick out the most unique item.
- Go for a bike ride together. (If you can find a tandem bike, even better!)
- Go to a local tourist spot you’ve never visited.
- Hit the batting cages.
- Join a pottery class or painting class.
- Tee off together at the local driving range or mini-golf.
- Visit a local aquarium or botanical garden.
In and Cozy Date Ideas for Empty Nester Couples
- Pull out the wedding video and watch it together.
- Do a puzzle together.
- Be a kid together and play a board game together, maybe even one the kids used to play.
- Make s’ mores together. Don’t have a fireplace? Make them indoors with this recipe.
- Have a picnic in bed.
- Play “20 Questions.”
- Make a bucket list together.
- Have a dance party in the living room. Be sure to include a slow song to snuggle up.
- Make homemade pizzas together.
- Bake cookies from scratch and eat them warm out of the oven.
The most important thing about date night is to let loose, be flirty, have fun, and remember to laugh at yourself. What are some of your favorite inexpensive date ideas for empty nesters? Please share in the comments section.
Help For Empty Nesters
Is your marriage struggling with an empty nest? You’re not alone. After so many years of focusing on the kids, many couples struggle to work their way back to each other. If this is you, reach out to a pastor or counselor for guidance.
Eagle Family Ministries can help you rekindle the fire in your marriage at one of our fun marriage retreats or conferences. We teach practical, Biblical tools in a relaxed and fun atmosphere, as well as provided relationship coaching.
Please let us know how we can help you and your spouse. 479.464.4442