Valentine’s Day is only a couple of days away. While some of you may have been planning for months, others are still trying to decide what to do for date night. If you’re in the first group of people…congratulations! You are our hero. If you fall into the second category (the) here are some simple, yet romantic ideas for last-minute Valentine’s Day ideas this love holiday.
Last-Minute Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Order your favorite meal from your favorite restaurant and have it delivered. If you want to add a little more romance, light some candles and set the table, spread a blanket out on the floor for an indoor picnic, or in bed while you watch a show together.
- Make a meal together. Cooking together is a great way to bond and spend quality time with each other.
- Watch a show you’ve been waiting to see together. With kids and work, sometimes a quiet night together streaming a movie or favorite tv show is just what you need.
- Play a board game you both enjoy. Perhaps you could even come up with some romantic “prizes’ for the winner like a back rub.
- Find the perfect spot to stargaze. You may not have to go any further than your backyard. Make some hot chocolate, snuggle up in a blanket, and watch the sky above with your Valentine. When are stars ever not romantic?
- Head out on a day road trip together. No matter where you love, going on a drive with your partner is fun. If you take a scenic route, be sure to stop and take it all in together. You’ll make memories that will last a lifetime.
- Find a romantic spot to go on a night (or day) walk. Pack a bag that’s easy to carry with a favorite beverage. Also, pack a blanket if you’re walking in an area with a park or green space for when you take a break.
- Go to a local park when it’s empty and slide down the slides and swing together on the swings.
- Hit a local 24-hour diner. Don’t forget dessert! Diners have amazing desserts.
- Get all the fixing for ice cream sundaes. Get some of your favorite ice cream flavors and toppings and you and your sweetheart can have a sweet night.
- Create an in-home spa. Some things you may need include bubble bath, bath bombs, essential oils, relaxing music, candles, and some rose petals.
Whatever you decide to do, make it a memorable night. The whole point of Valentine’s Day is to spend it together, even if it’s simple.
Eagle Family Ministries is committed to helping couples build strong marriages through Christian marriage conferences in your location, fun marriage retreats, relationship coaching, and premarital counseling. Call us today at 479.464.4442 or visit our website to learn more about how we can help you or couples in your church.