January is National Hobby Month! Discovering new hobbies that you can do together as a couple can be fun and exciting. It’s also a great way to connect and strengthen your bond while creating memories. Here are some great hobbies for couples that you might want to try.
12 Fun Hobbies for Couples
- Cook together. Cooking together provides an excellent chance to take charge of your health and spend time together. Take a cooking class together or check out YouTube video tutorials.
- Develop and cultivate a vegetable garden. Gardening enables couples to communicate, nurture, and work together towards a common goal.
- Join a theater group. It may seem a bit weird, but it’s an excellent way to see a different side of each other. And it’s just fun!
- Take up painting together. Painting is a lovely way to bond with each other. If your artistic skills are lacking, find a painting class you can attend together.
- Train for a race together. Find some local 5Ks, 10Ks, or longer and train together.
- Hit the trails together. Begin researching and identifying trails in your area and various regions, then plan to visit them together.
- Sign up to mentor or volunteer somewhere. Not only are you giving back to your community, but you’re strengthening your relationship.
- Color together. Yes, we said color. Adult coloring books are great stress and anxiety relievers. It also helps improve focus and encourage conversation.
- Sign up for dancing classes. Dancing has many physical and emotional benefits. It helps improve coordination, increase stamina, builds confidence, and strengthen mental sharpness. It’s also very romantic. Couples that take up dancing as a hobby can have fun, learn new skills, increase sexual energy, and brig you physically and mentally closer together.
- Start a band. Do you both have musical talents? Why not start a band? It doesn’t have to be anything serious, but you’ll both enjoy playing together. You could even make up songs together!
- Go on Adventures. Try canoeing, mountain biking, kayaking, wild camping, rock climbing, bouldering, sailing, scuba diving, or surfing.
- Hit the local open mic nights. You might sing or watch, but going to open mic nights is a really sweet bonding activity. These types of hobbies for couples often feel more like dates, so they’re wonderful for couples who need some alone time together.
Having something to do as a couple can help deepen your relationship regardless of your hobby of choice. Remember, they don’t have to be expensive. Get creative. We highlighted twelve hobbies for couples, but there are hundreds more to explore.
We’d love to hear your thoughts. What hobbies from this list have you tried or plan to try this year? What are your favorite hobbies to do together now?
Happy National Hobby Month!
We are Here to Help
At Eagle Family Ministries, our mission is to equip pre-marital and married couples, single parents, and traditional families with Biblical tools resulting in healthy relationships that lead to a lifetime of love.
We offer a wide variety of Christian marriage retreats, Christian marriage conferences, and marriage coaching for married couples of all ages. We have marriage conferences you can attend on your own, or you can schedule a marriage conference or marriage retreat for your church. We’ll even custom design a marriage conference for your church, regardless of your location in the United States.
Let’s visit about your ideas and needs today! We’d be honored to work with you on hosting a marriage conference in your hometown!