Are you looking for a relaxed, chill way to ring in the New Year? Here are some of the best New Year romance tips that are sure to make sparks fly.
13 Best New Year’s Eve Romance Tips
- Kiss at midnight. It’s an oldy, but a goody.
- Dance to “Auld Lang Syne.” Why not dance with your love (after a kiss, of course) to the traditional New Year’s Eve song.
- Go for a midnight stroll. There’s something romantic about a good conversation while walking together.
- Test out a new cuisine in your kitchen. Pick something you’ve never cooked before.
- Make a time capsule. Collect some meaningful things of your life together and bury them in the yard to open some New Year’s many years later.
- Plan an overnight getaway. Maybe this can become a tradition you can look forward to each year.
- Map out your plans, together and individually. Figure out how to help hold each other accountable.
- Watch a New Year’s Eve-themed movie. Grab your coziest PJs and cuddle up for movie time. Don’t forget the popcorn!
- Spend it in bed. Spice things up with some soft lighting and music and bring in the New Year focusing on each other.
- Make it a game night. Pull out all the classic board games you stashed away or play your favorite video games together.
- Have a midnight picnic. If it’s not too cold, pack up a basket of tasty treats and head to your favorite spot to watch New Year’s fireworks or watch the ball drop on your phone or laptop.
- Turn your place into a couples’ spa retreat. Stock on face masks, massage oils, run a bubble bath or test out those bath bombs. Get all the cliché stuff in there.
- Go on a scavenger hunt to find your favorite midnight kiss. Use index cards and write clues and scatter them around the house that leads them to a special prize—whether it’s you, ready for your New Year’s kiss, or their favorite dessert.
What are some of your favorite New Year’s Eve romance tips that we left off?
Stay safe, have fun, and Happy New Year from all of us at Eagle Family Ministries.